Am I happy about this character trait? No. Do I wish I could change it? Yes. Hence, my New Years Resolution to choose Faith over my Fears. I haven't quite figured out all the ways that I can do this yet, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. But it is going to start with my Faith List - the things I am choosing to have faith in - and remind myself to have faith in when I have a bad day. I am sure as the year progresses and I work on this goal, I will be able to add things to my list, and hopefully I will be able to look back at the end of the year and see that I have conquered some of my worst fears.
My Faith List
- Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for me.
- Heavenly Father wants me to be happy.
- People are not so self-sacrificing that they will spend time talking to me if they don't want to.
- The kind-of person I am looking for, is looking for someone like me and will be attracted to me.
- I am interesting and worth knowing.
- I can let people get to know me.
- People want to get to know me.
- My family is amazing, and despite our imperfections, is a family worth knowing.
- I don't have to apologize for anyone, including myself.
- People are not trying to hurt or embarrass me.
- Most people are not going to disappoint me.
- I can do anything I want to do.
- What I have done in the past does not determine what I can do in the future.